Recreational Wilderness First Aid
Price: $48 for Advance Registration / $52 Walk-In
Time: 3 Hour Class
Certification and Credit: This non-certification class is designed for outdoor enthusiasts who are not functioning in any “official” capacity as a guide, or leader, on a sponsored outdoor activity… and therefore, do not require certification.
Description: Whether it be recreational day activities (e.g. hiking, backpacking, canoeing, rafting, biking) or multi-day activities, which likely include camping, this class teaches specific wilderness/remote First Aid information that is helpful in remote or wilderness settings.
This class covers the following topics:
- Initial Preparations, First Aid Kit and PPG
- Drinking Water Treatment and Safety
- Accident Scene Safety, Risk Factors
- Treatment of Shock and other Medical Emergencies
- Biological Hazards and Response
- Environmental Hazards and Response
- Integumentary Injuries and Care
- Musculoskeletal Injuries and Care
- Stretcher Construction & Emergency Shelter Construction
- Evacuation Considerations